You will forget about a white-fleshed baked potato with sour cream after trying this recipe! This healthy version is ten times better for you and your taste buds, and thanks to the greens, it’s loaded with vitamins A, C, and K.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 cups swiss chard leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Ginger, minced
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- Lime juice
- Sea salt (optional)
- Black pepper (optional)
- Your favourite chickpea hummus!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
- Bake sweet potatoes for an hour, or until fork tender.
- Roll chard leaves and slice thinly.
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and add the minced ginger, cooking for 1 to 2 minutes. Add broccoli and sauté for 2 minutes until bright green. Add chopped chard and lime juice, and cook uncovered for 2 to 3 minutes until leaves are wilted. Add sea salt and black pepper to taste (optional).
- Pile the potatoes high with the chard, broccoli, and hummus and enjoy!