Needless to say, this ‘One Pumpkin Five Dishes‘ series has been an exciting and delicious journey! One large pumpkin was bought with a mission to learn different ways to cook with it – not just use it for Halloween decoration and then toss. My goal; five dishes. These dishes include:
- Pumpkin Coconut Rice
- Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
- Caramel Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin Jerk Fries (smells and tastes similar to sweet potato fries)
- Pumpkin Pecan Bread (moist and incredible and featured here today)
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (click here to see how to make your own pumpkin puree)
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup flaked coconut, sweet
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup pecans, halved or crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease and flour two 8″ x 4″ loaf pans.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, white sugar, pumpkin puree, coconut milk, olive oil, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add pecans and flaked coconut. Mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour. Remove from over and cover with foil. Bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy!
Enjoy this incredible bread on its own, or with your favourite toppings. Tastes great with Pumpkin Pie Ice cream and Strawberries.
What a great way to utilize a pumpkin! ‘Tis the season for pumpkins and this bright and orange fruit (yes, it is a fruit), is not just for decoration and Jack-O-Lanterns.