Arugula: Leafy green vegetable of Mediterranean origin. What I love about Arugula – other than saying ah-ROO-ga-la – is the taste! Tangy, peppery, and mustard-like is often the description. Delicious on pizza!
This tasty pizza is super easy to make. Try using Pesto as an alternative to tomato sauce.
Try something new by using Pesto as an alternative to tomato sauce.
- 1 whole grain pita bread
- 1 cup Arugula
- 2 tbsp pesto sauce (see recipe for Kale and Walunt Pesto)
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup green olives (or use as desired)
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Mozzarella (use as desired, you can also substitute for your favourite/vegan alternative)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place pita bread on a non-stick baking tray. Spread pesto over pita bread. Top with Parmesan cheese (optional). Add Arugula, red onions, green olives, and Mozzarella.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes or until pita crust is lightly browned.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
Preparation and cook time: 25 minutes
See more: Cooking Green Goodness