“You are the sum total of everything you’ve ever seen, heard, eaten, smelled, been told, forgot – it’s all there. Everything influences each of us, and because of that I try to make sure that my experiences are positive.” Maya Angelou
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers. It is given to “bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
Here are the rules to accept the Sunshine Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
Thank you Dolly!
Thank you Dolly, Kook Kosher Kitchen, for nominating me. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, reading your blog posts is a guaranteed smile! You leave us with laughter and good food, not to mention music. I learned what “clabbered milk” is from you – still waiting on my pancakes – and you put me in a trance with two large lizards in your back yard. It’s a pleasure to meet you!
Here are my answers to the 11 questions you asked:
- If you were an animal, who would you be and why?
First thought – I’d like to be that animal no one would eat – seriously! Joking aside, I’d be a wild horse. Also, it looks like it would be a cool thing to be a chipmunk.
- What is your first thought when you wake up in the morning?
I say “thank you God for this day.”
- What do you do to calm down when stressed out?
I go for a nice long jog with music in my ear, or I go dancing. When I go dancing, it’s just me and the music. Nothing else exists.
- Do you prefer indoors or outdoors time?
This Instagram post from a few months back will give you an idea.
- How do you vacation?
I do a lot of stay-cations. There’s always something happening in the Greater Toronto Area. Long scenic drives is also a favourite thing to do. If I do venture outside of Canada it’s to a warm destination preferably with a beach.
- How often do you smile and why?
Know this song? – “A smile, goes a long long way. A smile, goes a long long way. It starts with and S right here. And it’s a MILE to the other ear 🎶 …” I smile a lot simply because it’s who I am.
Also, as Foodeva Marsay put it on her About page, “Life is TOO SHORT….SMILE while YOU STILL HAVE TEETH.”
- What kind of art makes you breathless?
Art that involves music and/or movement makes me breathless. I saw the theatrical performance KÀ by Cirque Du Soleil quite a while ago in Las Vegas. The magic of it remained with me for weeks!
- What do you think of social media?
In my opinion, social media is empowering. It has lead me here, to food, to this inspiring community of folks from all over the world. It has shown me that food isn’t black or white. It’s all the vibrant colours and flavours imaginable! It’s whatever the menu brings. In my kitchen, in my element, what I choose to cook and share is pure enjoyment.
- Wine, beer, or strong liquor?
Beer! There’s such a thing as “Guinness and Shoot the Shit Night” at a favourite restaurant, in my world.
- How much green is in your food?
Love this question! How much green is in my food? A lot! Have you discovered the section of my blog, Cooking Green Goodness? I’m on a mission to cook all the green foods I can get my hands on, delicious! There’s even greens in my pancakes. Please check it out.
- Rain or shine?
I love rainy days! In my younger years in Jamaica, whenever there was a downpour, me and my siblings would run outside and just get soaked in it. I’ve done this more than a handful of times here in Canada – the experience here, not so warm though.
Here are my 11 nominations for the Sunshine Blogger Award. These are bloggers I’ve interacted with over the last few months. They’ve all taken the time to read my posts, comment and often times provide cooking tips. I also enjoy the inspiring work they share.
Chris, Youth Food Blog: A high school student with a strong passion for educating others youths about healthy eating, culinary innovation and food culture.
Ronit Penso, Tasty Eats Ronit Penso: An Executive Chef, Culinary Journalist, Cookbook Translator, Editor and Author who does not limit herself to any specific theme or ethnic orientation.
Susan and Mike, Simply Sundays Food Blog: Love their impressive collection of recipes and step by step photographs! They also make their own marinades.
Maryam Sinaiee, The Persian Fusion: Food blogger & gardening enthusiast sharing delicious Persian cuisine.
The Hungry Mum: Is all kinds of sweet!
Sakshi, Out of the Oven by Sakshi: Architect and food lover with such an amazing spirit. She makes friends wherever she goes!
Nicolas, Blogtastic Food: Food lover who looks like such a master in the kitchen.
Marsay, Foodeva Marsay: The lady who made me laugh with this line – “Life is TOO SHORT….SMILE while YOU STILL HAVE TEETH.”
Jackie, Rapetti Review: One Lovely Blog Award recipient exploring a world of possibilities.
David and Kim, Yes Ve-Can: Meet these “Monsters” and their gluten free, dairy free, cruelty free yummy recipes.
Shy, Cooking With Shy: Culinary Enthusiast and hands on Cooking Workshop Coordinator teaching kids, teens and adults from Dubai to Toronto.
My 11 random questions should you wish to accept this nomination, are:
- What is your favourite food memory?
- What is the caramel secret?
- From where do you draw your inspiration to cook / blog and share with the world.
- What is your native land’s national dish?
- How would you spend a million dollars?
- Cats or dogs?
- What is your favourite on the list of Worders of the World?
- What is the best meal you’ve ever had on vacation?
- If you could meet a famous person, who would it be?
- Would you rather watch TV or listen to music?
- Should you celebrate, what is your favourite Christmas carol?
Happy to have met you all and to be part of this community. This was fun!