Make an extra special dressing to lift this avocado, feta and arugula salad out of the ordinary with today’s quick recipe!
Avocado, Feta and Arugula Salad
Lift this salad out of the ordinary with an extra-special dressing!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 – 2 cups feta cheese (or as desired)
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Pit, peel and slice the avocados and arrange on a serving dish with the arugula. Top with the feta cheese.
To make the dressing, gently heat the olive oil and white wine vinegar in a saucepan. Add the shallot and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the tomatoes and lemon juice, and gently heat, stirring for 30 seconds more. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, and spoon over the salad.
To make a nice variation of the dressing, puree together 1 cup hulled strawberries, 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil, then add a drop of honey, coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Spoon over salad.
You can now print this recipe card. Just hit ‘PRINT’ on the above to keep it handy.