There have always been great reasons for baking bread at home: the process is pleasant, you know exactly what it contains, and the wonderful tasting results can be enjoyed at almost any meal. Quick breads, biscuits, muffins, and other high-quality baked goods leavened with baking powder or soda don’t take long; you can make almost any one in an hour or so.
Pumpkin Pecan Bread
A moist and incredible sweet treat. Enjoy with Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream.
- 3 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, halved or crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease and flour two 8″ x 4″ loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking soda.
- Add the wet ingredients: pumpkin puree, coconut milk, olive oil. Mix well.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and cover with foil. Bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow loaves to cook slightly. Enjoy.
Substitute olive oil with coconut oil.
Add sweet coconut flakes to this recipe.
Enjoy this spiced bread warm on its own, or with your favourite fruit toppings. Tastes great with Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream and whipped cream.
‘Tis the season for pumpkins and this bright and orange fruit (yes, it’s a fruit), is not just for decoration and Jack-O-Lanterns. While pumpkins are bigger than other winter squashes, they are not much different in other respects.