This post is in partnership with Ozery Bakery. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that encourage my work and creativity, and that keep me cooking!
The superhero of this party is the canvas on which you can build a wonderful universe of desserts! They can swim through deep, rich, melted chocolate; never cracking under pressure. They get on your sweet side. They’re bold, flavourful, convenient, and perfect for sharing. However, the most impressive of their powers, is their ability to transform into delicious cheesecake! As every superhero should.
Cheesecake is one of the most popular desserts in the world today. The number of recipes you can come up with are virtually unlimited! In any form, they are fragile creations. They need tender loving, steady care. My advice, one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself when making this dessert is the gift of organization. Prepare your ingredients. Don’t rush. Take time with preparing each step; it’s layers of fun! It’s an extraordinary and magical thing to be able to create a delightful dessert with less than 10 ingredients. You’ll find flavourful inspiration and possibly a new family favourite with this recipe. Hint: you must love cheesecake – and chocolate!
“There’s a new crust in town!” A common ingredient among many different types of cheesecakes is cream cheese. The cream cheese can be sweetened with condensed milk, sugar or whipping cream; vanilla and freshly squeezed lemon juice provide added flavour. Graham crackers, prebaked and crumbled to make a buttery crust is another popular ingredient used to make cheesecake, however there are no hard and fast rules. Cheesecakes come in many forms, as do the rich crusts on which they stand. Create individual bites of cheesecake with delicious, wholesome crackers covered in rich, melted chocolate!
No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Bites
Light, chocolate, cheesecake crunch! Because celebrations call for memorable treats.
- 12 – 18 Organic Cranberry & Grains Lavash Crackers (plus more as needed)
- 8 0z. (225g) semi-sweet chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 2 cups cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Fresh fruit/berries of your choice for garnish
- Melt the broken chocolate pieces in a sauce pan over medium heat, or in a microwave.
- Spoon the melted chocolate onto the cracker to fully coat the inside. Place flat on a baking tray or baking sheet and pop in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whip together the cream cheese, icing sugar, condensed milk, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Remove the crackers from the freezer one at a time. Spoon 2 – 3 tablespoonful of the cream cheese mixture on top of the cracker. Smooth the top with a spatula and freeze until firm, at least 2 hours. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Garnish with fresh fruit. Serve chilled.
Use good quality chocolate!
When melting chocolate, remember one simple rule, always chop your chocolate before you melt it. Larger pieces take longer to melt, and because the chocolate pieces will melt unevenly, you risk scorching some of the chocolate. The finer you chop the chocolate, the less time it will be exposed to the heat and the more uniformly it will melt.
There’s no limit to the amount of fresh fruit you can use to garnish your cheesecakes. Chopped nuts are also a good choice, as is caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, peach or raspberry puree, or whipped cream.
These cheesecake bites hold up to freezing extremely well! You can even make them a few days ahead with your choice of topping(s), and then serve them right out the freezer. Enjoy!